Notifications don't show up (notify-send notify-osd)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue May 6 09:34:22 PDT 2014

Em ter 06 maio 2014, às 18:07:35, Mehturt escreveu:
> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> > Em ter 06 maio 2014, às 17:42:36, Mehturt escreveu:
> >> ** (notify-osd:30409): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility
> >> bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-JOB9rCGFAt: Connection
> >> refused
> >>
> >> ** (notify-osd:30409): WARNING **: dbus_create_service_instance(): Got
> >> error "Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-GWnKyuCbfH: Connection
> >> refused"
> >
> > Check if the dbus-daemons running the buses above are still running.
>
> Sorry, how do I know if it's the right daemon? I have some dbus-daemon
> running, but the socket is not visible on command line.

The one with "--session" is the one you're looking for. Check the bus address
by getting it from an application that is correctly inside the session.

you're inside the session and you don't have to do anything, or you're not
inside the session and you should not access anything from it.

> > Note that the script you pasted will only set the address for the session
> > bus. It doesn't affect the accessibility bus, which your application also
> > found out about. The accessibility bus is not part of the D-Bus spec, so
> > we can't help you with it, but it might point to your problem. Your
> > environment variables may not be properly set up.
>
> Yes, that's what the script is supposed to be for, setting the env
> variables properly. What env var do I need to set for the
> accessibility bus?

"The accessibility bus is not part of the D-Bus spec, so we can't help you
with it"

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358