Dynamic Exports in NFS Ganesha

Samuthira Pandian samudhira at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 14:27:29 PST 2014

Hi Team,

I'm trying to use dbus-send command for export the path dynamically, but i
got the following error. Kindly guide me how to resolve this issue. I have
refered the following path.

https://forge.gluster.org/nfs-ganesha-and-glusterfs-integration/pages/Dynamic%20Exports

Log :

root# dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.ganesha.nfsd
/org/ganesha/nfsd/ExportMgr org.ganesha.nfsd.exportmgr.AddExport
string:/etc/vfs.conf  string:'EXPORT(Path=/mnt/mount1)'
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidFileContent: Selected entries in
/etc/vfs.conf already active!!!

I have made the folder /mnt/mount2 and trying to export with following
command,

root# dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.ganesha.nfsd
/org/ganesha/nfsd/ExportMgr org.ganesha.nfsd.exportmgr.AddExport
string:/etc/vfs.conf  string:'EXPORT(Path=/mnt/mount2)'
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Error finding exports:
EXPORT(Path=/mnt/mount2) because No such file or directory

Anoher system i got the below error. This is Windriver platform system.

root# dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.ganesha.nfsd
/org/ganesha/nfsd/ExportMgr  org.ganesha.nfsd.exportmgr.AddExport
string:/etc/vfs.conf  string:'EXPORT(Path=/mnt/mount1)'
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.ganesha.nfsd
was not provided by any .service files

Ragards,

Samuthira