Announcing dbus-glib 0.106

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Thu Jan 14 08:57:09 PST 2016

dbus-glib is a deprecated D-Bus library. If you use it, please switch to
something more suitable, like GDBus (which is shipped with GLib).

This release should soon be available from the usual location:
<http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus-glib/dbus-glib-0.106.tar.gz>
but I wasn't able to log in to that server today, so it's temporarily
situated here instead:
<http://people.freedesktop.org/~smcv/dbus-glib-0.106.tar.gz>
Signed by my personal and work PGP keys:
<http://people.freedesktop.org/~smcv/dbus-glib-0.106.tar.gz.asc>
git tag: dbus-glib-0.106

The “crumbling vestige” release.

Fixes:

• Stop testing G_HAVE_INLINE, which ceased to work in GLib 2.47.2 and
  wasn't meant to be API anyway. Instead, rely on "static inline" doing
  the right thing. On pre-C99 compilers, this relies on <glib.h>
  defining inline to __inline, __inline__ or the empty string if the
  compiler requires it, which it has done since 2000. (fd.o #93513,
  Colin Watson)

• Stop calling g_mem_profile() in the tests, which no longer does
  anything and caused the tests to fail by issuing a warning (smcv)

• Slightly modernize build system, and remove a weird cross-directory
  dependency which was breaking distcheck (smcv)

• Stop distributing generated marshallers in the tarball (smcv)

I'll copy this release to dbus.freedesktop.org when I can access that
server again. Future releases of dbus and related projects will
hopefully be distributed from the usual server to start with.

--
Simon McVittie, Collabora Ltd.