dbus-run-session output.

Simon Lees sflees at suse.de
Fri Apr 7 00:47:09 UTC 2017

Hi All,

In openSUSE we have users launching dbus-run-session and emacs (x11
version) at the same time complaining about the following lines being
outputted to std::err

  Activating service name='org.gnome.GConf'
  Successfully activated service 'org.gnome.GConf'

To me this seems intentional so that we know something has happened and
it gets logged, if this is the rational would a patch adding something
like a --quiet or --silent flag that suppresses this output be welcome.

Thanks

--

Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30