What calls bus_registry_ensure?

Fabián Orccón cfoch.fabian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 02:20:46 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am playing a little bit with the dbus source code. I see that if I call

> dbus-send --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus  /org/freedesktop/DBus
> org.freedesktop.DBus.ListNames

something calls *bus_registry_ensure
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/blob/master/bus/services.c#L243>*,
before executing *bus_driver_handle_list_services
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/blob/master/bus/driver.c#L581>*.
I cannot figure out what is calling *bus_registry_ensure
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/blob/master/bus/services.c#L243>* and
why.

Using grep this function is just called on `bus_driver_handle_hello` which
I am not definitively using and in *bus_registry_acquire_service
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/blob/master/bus/services.c#L380>
*which
is only called by *bus_driver_handle_acquire_service
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/blob/master/bus/driver.c#L767> (which
is mapped to the org.freedesktop.DBus.RequestName
<https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/blob/master/bus/driver.c#L2465>
method and I am not calling that!)*

So why and what is calling *bus_registry_ensure*?

Thank you,
Fabian Orccon