dbus glib binding - unable to receive signals sent from dbus-send

Eckert Martin (DC-AT/ESJ12) Martin.Eckert at boschrexroth.de
Mon Jul 29 13:01:56 UTC 2019

Hello all,
I'm using dbus glib binding (glib version: 2.31.1) in my c/c++ applications having dbus-signal handling active.

When sending a signal using dbus-send from cmd line it does not arrive in my application signal handler.

Here an example:

dbus-send --system --type=signal /WlanObj com.rexroth.akku.WlanInterface.changed_rssilevel int32:-90

dbus-monitor output:
signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=30 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string ":1.17"
   string ""
   string ":1.17"
signal sender=:1.17 -> dest=(null destination) serial=2 path=/WlanObj; interface=com.rexroth.akku.WlanInterface; member=changed_rssilevel
   int32 -90
signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=31 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
   string ":1.17"
   string ":1.17"
   string ""

There is also a qt-application running on the system. This application is able to receive the emitted signal from dbus-send. Why does my glib-dbus application not?

I'm using g_dbus_proxy_new_for_bus_sync to connect to the service with G_DBUS_PROXY_FLAGS_NONE.

When the service /WlanObj itself sends the signal my application does receive it.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Martin Eckert

Engineering Joining Technolgy DC-AT/EJT-SC
Tel. +49 7192 22-453
Fax +49 7192 22-290
Martin.Eckert at boschrexroth.de<mailto:Martin.Eckert at boschrexroth.de>
www.boschrexroth.com<http://www.boschrexroth.com>

Bosch Rexroth AG
Fornsbacher Str. 92
71540 Murrhardt
GERMANY

[BOSCH REXROTH]<http://www.boschrexroth.com/>

Firmensitz: Stuttgart, Registrierung: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 23192
Vorstand: Rolf Najork (Vorsitzender), Dr. Markus Forschner, Reinhard Schäfer, Dr. Marc Wucherer
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Christoph Kübel