dbus-launch is left over after exit

Bhatia, Madhur Madhur_Bhatia at mentor.com
Mon Jun 8 15:52:51 UTC 2020

Hi All.
My application (a GUI application build on QT platform on LINUX platform) leaves the dbus-launch process behind after exit. If it is launched using LSF, this results in the resource continued to be occupied.
The customer complains that only my application exhibits this issue not some other similar application from competition.

I noticed that dbus-launch is launched with the parent as my applications launch script. Also if DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS is set in the ENV then the application does not launch the dbus-launch process.

I want to understand what dependency is causing this to be launched from my application (Note that the customer claims that it is not an issue with the competitor's application) ?
How can I fix it at my end ?

There are some notes<https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3257651> on fixing this in the customer env - but I cant convince them to make the changes in many systems that they have on the LSF farm.

Thanks
Madhur