15y of D-Bus 1.0 and a new home page

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:56:32 UTC 2021

Hi

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 6:52 PM Pavel Březina <pbrezina at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/16/21 11:04, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > As D-Bus 1.0 is getting close to 15y [1], I thought it was time for a
> > refresh of its home page. The wiki served us well, but it is also aging.
> > I wanted to show that D-Bus is still relevant and alive. Without further
>
> Relevant, sure. But unless there is some active development, I would not
> say alive.

Judging by the number of implementations in development, and the number of
projects that are being developed with D-Bus as a core technology, I would
say it is.

True the reference implementation and spec is not very active, and
hopefully we can do something about it too. At the same time, it shows how
solid and stable it is imho.

> > ado, here is a preview of what I've put together:
> > https://elmarco.pages.freedesktop.org/dbus-page/
> > <https://elmarco.pages.freedesktop.org/dbus-page/>
> >
> > The gitlab project: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/elmarco/dbus-page
> > <https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/elmarco/dbus-page>.