Detect new available names in bus

Sergio Costas rastersoft at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 23:51:55 UTC 2022

El 15/2/22 a las 0:45, Thiago Macieira escribió:
> On Monday, 14 February 2022 15:41:01 PST Sergio Costas wrote:
>> But is there a signal that notifies that a new activatable name has been
>> added to, or removed from the bus? What I want to avoid is doing polling...
> No, there isn't. But it's a very rare case, because it requires the session
> daemon reloading its configuration.
>
> You can probably poll once an hour and also watch the $XDG_DATA_DIRS/dbus-1/
> services dirs.

The problem is to detect when it is available and change the enabled
options in the menu. Of course I can check the availability every time I
show the menu, but it can be slow, so I wanted an event-based alternative.

Anyway, I presumed that the daemon was already monitoring all the folders...

--
Nos leemos
		         RASTER    (Linux user #228804)