Help: connect to different dbus session addresses

Zeeshan Ali Khan zeeshanak at gnome.org
Mon Nov 28 16:00:53 UTC 2022

Hi Joan,

> This daemon has to connect also to different dbus sessions of different
> users to use org.freedestkop.systemd1.Manager interface to start a unit
> service on each session. Here I am in the trouble because the daemon
> can't connect to other user dbus sessions if it is running as gdm user.

Why not have a session service setup to start automatically on each
session start?

In geoclue2 we solved a similar problem by running our main service on
the system bus as a special system user (or root) and a
per-session/user agent service and have them talk to each other. The
agent start on every user session and register itself with the system
service.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali Khan