How to work with Nemo file manager?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Tue Jul 4 20:56:05 UTC 2023

On Mon, 03 Jul 2023 20:51:10 -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> First, why Nemo? What if the user doesn't use Nemo? I have no idea
> what it is, aside from a character who got lost in a kids movie and
> his dad had to look find him.

The reference goes a bit deeper than some random American media
company. I’m assuming this reference is to a derivative of the Nautilus
file manager. And the connection between both names comes from Jules
Verne’s novel “20,000 Leagues Under The Sea”. “Nautilus” was the name of
the (futuristic, for its time) submarine, and “Nemo” was the name used
by its captain. But that was just a pseudonym, a Latin word meaning
“nobody”.