dbus performance with large payloads

Thomas Kluyver thomas at kluyver.me.uk
Sun Jun 4 16:55:51 UTC 2023

Hi Rohit,

D-Bus isn't designed for speed, as far as I know, but 5 KB every 500 ms doesn't sound like a lot, and I'd be surprised if this caused an issue. The specification (https://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html ) says the maximum message size is 128 MiB. Of course, valid messages may slow things down, especially if you send a lot of them, but this suggests that D-Bus is designed to handle bigger messages than the ones you're using.

Best wishes,
Thomas