Get file properties via dbus command

Ahmad Ismail ismail783 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 00:36:57 UTC 2023

I want to get file / folder properties via the dbus command.

I am quiet positive that the command is something like:

$ dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.FileManager1
/org/freedesktop/FileManager1
org.freedesktop.FileManager1.ShowItemProperties

It is giving error Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Type of
message, “()”, does not match expected type “(ass)”. I do not have any idea
what this argument should look like or where i can get it from.

To get the items, there is another command:

$ dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.FileManager1
/org/freedesktop/FileManager1 org.freedesktop.FileManager1.ShowItems

This also gives the same error.

What can I do?