Fatal warnings in client code

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Tue Mar 7 03:57:11 UTC 2023

On Mon, 06 Mar 2023 17:11:23 -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Other D-Bus protocols or implementations thereof may not be as
> forgiving. Suppose that the application is trying to talk to bluez or
> udisks or PulseAudio or whatever else: is the application prepared to
> cope with the fact that it's going to get an error for the method
> call it's sending?

It seems to me, the whole concept of D-Bus is unsuited to applications
which require long-lived connections with some degree of state that
persists over their lifetime. It is best suited to individual
request-response transactions. That way, you can recover from any loss
of connection just by trying the transaction again (hopefully).