Dbus not running

Nebojša Bogdanović nebojsa.bogdanovic.85 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 23:31:47 UTC 2023

Hello,

I am running a workstation with Centos 7, which got updated on reboot. This
is a massive workstation, with 8 x RTX A6000 and a bunch of SSD drives that
are all in RAID5 mode. The system drive, however, is separate. Now my dbus
is not working, which leads to the failure of the polkit process. Due to
this, it is not possible to activate any services like sshd or internet
card drivers... sudo systemctl start dbus.service causes a reboot, and
dbus-monitor does not show anything. When I try ps -e |grep dbus, I am not
able to see any running processes.

It is noteworthy that I am running the system in emergency mode, logged in
as root, and I am unable to resolve this issue. There is no internet
connection so yum functions cannot install or update anything...

Please advise

Best regards
Nebojša Bogdanović, Ph.D
Department of Physiology and Biophysics,
School of Medicine,
Case Western Reserve University