dbus message queue latency time is not constant for same data payload

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Tue May 23 22:39:53 UTC 2023

On Tue, 23 May 2023 09:56:39 +0530, deepak jewargi wrote:

> Latency time between transmitting from one process and receiving at
> another process is not constant for the same payload message.

My guess is, don’t expect D-Bus to operate as a channel for
high-performance IPC.

You could still use it to set up a high-performance channel, by
using D-Bus messages to exchange pipe/socket file descriptors. You can
then do the main part of your communication directly via that
lower-level connection, limited only by kernel performance.