Problems with meson build on Windows

Thomas Sondergaard thomas at sondergaard.cc
Tue Jan 9 13:17:04 UTC 2024

Hi, I want to use d-bus on Windows and I'd like to use the conan package manager. I guess that triplet makes my situation quite esoteric. Anyways, I've run into a problem as the conan recipe uses the meson build system on all platforms, despite dbus officially still recommending CMake on Windows. I've tracked down the problem and opened both issues and pull requests with a one-liner fix: dbus: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/-/issues/494 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/-/merge_requests/454 conan-center-index dbus recipe: https://github.com/conan-io/conan-center-index/issues/19421 https://github.com/conan-io/conan-center-index/pull/22156 I want my conan-center-index changes to be merged, but the approvers of that repo do not want to accept my patch before it has been accepted upstream. I know it is a bit pushy after only five days in the queue, but I was wondering if someone, perhaps Simon McVittie, being the most frequent committer to meson.build, could have a look at my one-liner merge request. Best regards, Thomas