How to migrate the X server?

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Wed Aug 5 07:51:07 PDT 2009

Le 05/08/2009 08:42, Peter Hutterer a écrit :
> However, right now I can only think of another process being the
> configuration store, adding the properties to udev for the server to pick it
> up (which, incidentally, would be quite similar to the original hotplug
> support (daniel's "respeclaration" tool)).
> my gut tells me that this isn't a good solution either though.

<only half joking> DeviceKit-input ? </>

But then again, unlike the other DeviceKit daemons out there, Xorg only
needs very little above what udev now provides.

Maybe Xorg should just provide one or two simple udev callout programs
that read simple files but which could be extended by distributions for
integration with their configuration tools?

Cheers,

Rémi