Can we safely remove those fdi files in hal-info?

Zhu, Peter J peter.j.zhu at intel.com
Wed Dec 16 17:05:28 PST 2009

Martin, I surely understand DK-disks and hal can coexist and DK-disks deosn't use the fdi files. I also undertand many of fdi files are provided so that upper apps in desktop stack can deal with them easily rather than talking to kernel directly like 10-camera-mtp, 10-usb-pda, 10-usb-obex, 10-scanner. I'm asking if the function of the three storage related files are COVERED(NOT used) by DK-disks or udisks. For example, we all know the battery recall information fdi are covered by DK-power already, keymap fdi files are covered by udev extra keymap rule....

Peter