Porting DeviceKit-power to FreeBSD

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 31 08:44:41 PST 2009

On 12/31/09 5:10 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> 2009/12/30 Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>:
>> I was wondering if more work was going to be done to have the daemon
>> code call back to the backend code to get things like hibernate and
>> suspend commands, swap details, etc.?
>
> I think that makes a lot of sense.
>
> Maybe a backend specific object, with properties kernel_can_suspend,
> kernel_can_hibernate, hibernate_has_swap_space,
> hibernate_has_encrypted_swap and methods of suspend and hibernate.

There are also some Linux-specific bits in dkp-qos.c.  I haven't looked
at that code carefully yet, though.  What do those two latency /dev
entries provide exactly?  Maybe I can find equivalents on FreeBSD.

> I'll work on something like this after I'm back from Christmas, unless
> you get to it first. In the meantime, feel free to commit your
> work-in-progress freebsd specific parts to src/freebsd

I took a stab at this in the FreeBSD backend.  I essentially made the
dkp-daemon.c methods wrappers around backend methods.  It sounds like
you're going to go a slightly different route, though.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome