changing the enum type

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:25:18 PST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 08:29 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > As long as I document the enum values, this is okay, right?
>
> Please hold off with this until we port DeviceKit-power to EggDBus/GBus
> (or whatever it will end up being called).

Right, but using EggDBus the enums would be uint types, not strings, so
surely changing to uint now would allow us to convert to EggDBus without
changing the interface description?

> With that binding you'd be able to declare enums (and flags and error
> domains) directly in the introspection XML (which will be a real IDL
> language at some point) like this
> The C/GObject code generator will give you a registered GEnumType
> The Docbook doc generator will also do the right thing
> with references in the IDL being properly rewritten in the method docs,

Ohh, I agree it's cool shit, but me and the XFCE guys have to work
together and get something done this week. Surely changing the enum type
sooner rather than later is a good thing?

Richard.