music player database

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 11:08:18 PDT 2009

Hi,

2009/7/3 David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk>:

>   - the name to use in the UI
>     - should I be using "$Vendor $Model" - seems I should only
>       be using "$Model" cf
>
>        Product=Amazon Kindle
>        Vendor=Amazon

Depends :-/ See sony-k750i_mobile_phone.mpi :
Product=K750i mobile phone
Vendor=Sony Ericsson

and sony-ericsson_k810i.mpi:
Product=Sony Ericsson K810i
Vendor=Sony Ericsson

These names are not really helpful for multi-productid files, see for
example sony-e075_e076_e089.mpi which corresponds to 3 product IDs and
has :
Product=Sony Ericsson K850i, W910i, W580i
Vendor=Sony Ericsson

>  - data from .mpi files takes a lower precedence than these sources
>   - DKD_PRESENTATION_* udev attributes
>   - .xdg-volume-info files (cf. bgo #551403)

I'm a bit worried that having 3 places where to specify icons/names
for media players will confuse users and even some developers so maybe
we shouldn't have names/icons in the mpi files?

Christophe