Porting DeviceKit-power to non-Linux

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 07:07:11 PDT 2009

Hi Jedy,

2009/7/31 Jedy Wang <Jedy.Wang at sun.com>

> Hi Arnaud,
>
> For Solaris, I do not know if related drivers are ready in the kernel
> But for Devicekit-power, our current plan is just to implement all
> features supported by HAL(Solaris version) only.

back around 6 years ago (the last I look at the solaris kernel, when working
with Jan), the HID kernel driver was limited to keyboard and mouse.

at that time, we worked on the ugen driver, on which the Solaris version of
the libusb is based (on which the NUT USB drivers are also based in turn).

for the reference:
http://developers.sun.com/solaris/developer/support/driver/docs/usbups_whitepaper.html

Maybe you can get more info within Sun?

cheers,