Blackberry device permissions

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Jun 29 07:09:54 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-27 at 04:29 -0400, Chris Frey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the lead developer on the Barry project, and I'm currently working
> on getting Blackberry device permissions working on Fedora 11, with
> limited success.

Actually the way it's going to work in future distros (next Fedora, Suse
and Ubuntu releases at least) is that ACL handling is moved to udev - it
should make it a lot easier to configure. See the udev sources for
details on how to set this up.

For Fedora 11 (and most other distros as well) the HAL way of setting
ACLs work too, see the fprintd package (rpm -ql fprintd) as an example
of how to set this up.

Hopefully we won't change how this works again.

      David