path for keymap files [was: Re: Replacement for hal-setup-keymap]

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu May 7 04:00:58 PDT 2009

Kay Sievers [2009-05-07 12:29 +0200]:
> > Done. I put the keymaps themselves into /lib/udev/keymaps/ for now
> > (instead of /usr/share/udev/keymaps/, as in my first sketch).
>
> Ah, i see. What's the reason for that? Not that I have objections to
> do that.

The keyboard should usually be detected very early, and if /usr is not
available yet, the maps would be missing. Also, I didn't see other
references to /usr from udev rules so far (did I miss them?)

If you prefer to keep them in /usr/share/udev/keymaps, I can change
that easily.

> http://www.kernel.org/faq/#account

Thanks, account request sent.

> You can just use the main udev-extras repo to maintain your stuff
> there. It is shared. Just post questionable stuff, or changes to the
> build system, or introduced dependencies to the mailing list, but
> commit your stuff right away.

Alright, will do.

Thanks,

Martin