per-user udev rules subset

gibboris at gmail.com gibboris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 16:31:08 PDT 2009

Hi again,
I still keep my noise restricted to this thread.

typo in :

- DeviceKit-disks.7.html
DKD_PRESENTATION_NAME
The name to user for the device when presenting it to the user.
=>
The name to use for the device when presenting it to the user.

and trivial changes :

- Like device_file_by_path  and  device_file_by_id,
drive_media_compatibility  and  device_mount_paths
should be checked for non-NULLity before being enumerated
(tools/devkit-disks.c : do_show_info())

(Also notice the uid_t use which doesn't cast well in g_int
to be stored in guint32 before being displayed as G_GUINT64_FORMAT)

- tools/devkit-disks should free its context 'g_option_context_free(context);'

Attached is a _cleaner_ version of the monitor modified to
fork and exec configurable actions when an event occurs from
specified device (still called "devkit-disks-trigger")

I still can't find the proper way : the hal-like tool which,
for any devicekit daemon, would :
- parse xml config files
- for each object from getAll() : build a representation
- for each event of getSignals() : attach to the bus if
a signal is configured
- monitor and, when a signal comes from an attached bus,
match against the loaded xml config representation and
execute something (as the user)

Raph