SMAPI data for Thinkpad laptop batteries

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 09:12:41 PST 2010

On 4 February 2010 15:35, Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag at dottedmag.net> wrote:
> I am considering writing (or extending existing) applet for controlling
> Thinkpad-specific battery properties, such as thresholds for
> charging/discharging, forcing battery discharge and preventing from
> charge for a specified amount of time, available through SMAPI interface
> (tp_smapi kernel module).

I think tp_smapi needs to be pushed into the upstream kernel first,
along with a hefty dose of peer review. There are a few ways that
letting users control tp_smapi would allow me to crash my T61 at the
moment.

When tp_smapi is upstream, I think it makes a lot of sense to add the
functionality to DeviceKit-power.

Richard.