How to make devkit automount the new class or removeable devices

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:31:42 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 11:50 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> 2010/1/14 Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky at gmail.com>:
> > Problem was that devicekit has too many hardcoded tables, one of which
> > makes all non standard device be treated as 'system internal'
> > in update_info_is_system_internal
> > Folks, is devicekit alive?
> >
> > I think that nether devicekit nor gdu must have no hardcoded tables
> > (both have...) but to rely on udev rules.
>
> I'm sure David would be interested in a patch to move the tables to
> udev rules, where it makes sense of course.
>
> Richard.

I do that sooner or later.

However I currently use ubuntu 9.10, which has devickit-disks.
I need to figure out what packages to update (from source of course) to
make everything work with udisks.

I hope, I only need to update the libgdu.

On the other hand, I welcome warmly the name change. I always though
that DeviceKit doen't fit unix naming tradition (for example mixed case)

udisk/upower are much better. (if the daemon is called udiskd it would
be even better...)

Meanwhile note that I did publish the code on LKML and linux-mtd

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky