UPower 0.9.5 released!

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Tue Jul 20 03:01:22 PDT 2010

   On 07/12/2010 12:52 PM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Version 0.9.5
> ~~~~~~~~~~~
> Released: 2010-07-12
>
> New Features:
>   - Add battery query support for iDevices (Bastien Nocera)
>   - Assign names to our idle sources when using new versions of glib2
> (Richard Hughes)
>   - Dynamic testing for enough hibernate swap (Martin Pitt)
>   - Port UPower to libusb1 to avoid unfixable crashes (Richard Hughes)
>   - Port to GTest (Richard Hughes)

Hello,

Suddently after an upgrade of upower (dunno what version maybe 0.9.4)
upower started to automatically spin down my hard drive when i run on
battery power:

hdparm -I /dev/sda | grep level
Advanced power management level: 1

I have no desktop power manager running, i couldn't find how to disable
this behaviour.

> Richard.

Regards,
Ali.