UDisks dbus async calls don't work sometimes when a second mainloop exists

David Zeuthen zeuthen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 14:14:47 PDT 2010

Hi PCMan,

If you're already using GLib and writing new code then it's probably
much easier just to switch whole-sale to GDBus (which is in GLib 2.26
or later) than to use dbus-glib. If you feel adventurous, you might
even want to try gdbus-codegen(1), see [1], - it can help save a lot
of typing!

Of course, if you really wanted to save some typing you'd just use
libgdu (from gnome-disk-utility) since that is the GLib-level binding
for udisks (dbus-glib + handwritten).

     David

[1] : http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/gdbus-codegen-20100629/

actually one of the test cases for gdbus-codegen is the
org.fd.UDisks.Device interface, see

http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/gdbus-codegen-20100629/DeviceProxy.html

FYI we haven't yet decided whether gdbus-codegen(1) will be in GLib
2.26; but that doesn't matter much, the disclaimers in the man page
will keep applying for a while until we iron this tool out for good.