Is there a porting guide for devkit-power-gobject removal?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 01:40:06 PDT 2010

On 19 October 2010 09:29, Yin, Yan <yan.yin at intel.com> wrote:
> I’m Yan, currently maintaining the MeeGo udisks/upower packages.

Hi!

> I just noticed the removal of devkit-power-goject since upower 0.9.6
> release, unfortunately 3 packages (gnome-packagekit, gnome-session,
> meego-panel-devices) in MeeGo depending on it will fail, do you have a
> porting guide for this?

Well, the first two of those packages are already ported in the
upstream versions, and I know for a fact the GPK one would be very
easy to backport to pretty much any version. git cherry-pick is your
friend :-)

As a general rule, the following substitutions are what you need:

DKP -> UP
Dkp -> Up
dkp_%foo(foo, bar) -> up_%foo_sync(foo, cancellable [or NULL], bar)

The API change is pretty much just a rename, so it should only take
you a few minutes to port an application. Grab me on IRC or email if
you get stuck and I'll do my best to help.

Richard.