[Fwd: Re: [RFC] propose to develop a rfkill daemon]

Joey Lee jlee at novell.com
Tue Oct 26 08:30:58 PDT 2010

Hi All,

於 一,2010-10-04 於 17:18 +0800,Gary Ching-Pang Lin 提到:

> I am working with Joey and implementing the rfkill daemon. I put the source code
> my github repo: http://github.com/lcp/urfkill
>
> It currently provides a few DBus method:
> 1. Block/Unblock: The methods to block or unblock a specific type of
> killswitches.
> 2. GetAll: It returns the list of killswitches
> 3. GetKillswitch: It returns the information of a killswitch.
>
> There are also some signals which are useful to monitor the status of
> killswitches:
> RfkillAdded(), RfkillChanged(), and RfkillRemoved().
>
> I also implemented a glib binding to make it easier to use.
>
> Since this is a prototype for evaluation, any suggestion is appreciated.

Urfkill have the following features:
 - Broadcast rfkill state changed event to DBus for registered userland
applications.
 - Provide DBus interface for userland applications to block/unblock rfkill.
 - Use PolicyKit for system-wide privileges.
 - Send RFKILL_IOCTL_NOINPUT by ioctl to disable rfkill-input function:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=c64fb01627e24725d1f9d535e4426475a4415753

 TODO list:
 - Provide user to setup rfkill control rules when grab WLAN/BT/3G keycode.

Thank's
Joey Lee