urfkill 0.1.1 release

Gary Ching-Pang Lin glin at novell.com
Fri Apr 15 03:44:35 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm glad to release urfkill 0.1.1. The tarball is available here:
https://github.com/downloads/lcp/urfkill/urfkill-0.1.1.tar.bz2

This release adds a few features which includes:

1. Hardware profile parser for urfkill settings
  The "profile" file is a xml file which includes various matching rules
  It uses the information from DMI to match laptops to configure urfkill
  properly. Currently, I chose the following values from /sys/class/dmi/id
  for machine matching: sys_vendor, bios_date, bios_vendor, bios_version,
  product_name, and product_version. There are already 2 profiles available
  now, and any feedback for the settings is always welcome :-)
  NOTE: The pre-configured settings will be overwritten by
/etc/urfkill/urfkill.conf.

2. Tentative dbus methods for the key control
  Two dbus methods are added to query and enable/disable the rfkill key
  control.

3. KEY_RFKILL handling
  The keycode ,KEY_RFKILL, is handled by urfkilld now.

There are also some bug fixes. Please check NEWS file for further information.

I'll put more effort for the documents and revise the dbus methods for the next
release. Any suggestion or bug report are welcome and appreciated :-)

Sincerely Yours,

Gary Lin