NTFS Execution Settings

Chris Jaquet chrisjaquet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 07:54:51 PDT 2011

Good Afternoon,

This is probably not the correct list to post this question on, but I am at
my wit's end as to where to find out about this, so if someone here can
perhaps redirect me to the appropriate location I would really appreciate
it.

Recently in fedora 14 (and by default in fedora 15) the udisks package
version 1.0.2-4 has been used, and having perused the web for a while, I see
that this version is the one that by default disables execution of files on
NTFS partitions and removable devices. How do I go about allowing files to
be executed on NTFS systems? Is there a setting somewhere within policykit
which I can set/change to allow this? Setting up all possible media in fstab
is not an option as I also work with various removable drives which need to
be readable by windows machines. I am also developing an application that
must work on both windows and linux so having two development directories is
a nuisance and not being able to execute various (valid) linux executables
on ntfs drives is becoming somewhat troublesome.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? I have tried googling for a
solution but as of yet I have not managed to find anything to help me out,
so I hope someone here can help me.

Sorry again for posting on the developer list.

Regards,
Chris