status of gcc 4.3 in your distribution?

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Tue Apr 8 09:49:55 PDT 2008

Le mardi 08 avril 2008, à 10:59 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering about the status of gcc 4.3 in the various distros. When
> are you going to switch to building with 4.3 by default? How will you
> manage the direction flag issue[1]?
>
> [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/272048/

I hope someone else from openSUSE will jump in to reply since I'm most
probably going to say something wrong ;-)

Here's what I know: I believe we've switched to gcc 4.3 in Factory. I
have however no idea if some packages are still built with an older gcc
or if some architectures are using an older gcc (the main ones are
definitely using 4.3, though).

Don't know about the flag issue, but I guess we're patching either the
kernel or gcc to fix it.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.