Releasing Fedora 10 alpha next week

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Tue Aug 5 03:42:27 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 12:27 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > I assume that both distribution are pretty locked in to their
> > release schedules now, so it looks like at least these two
> > distributions are going to be rather mirror un-friendly for
> > at least another release.
>
> Same with openSUSE.
>
> What do you propose to resolve this for the future?

I suspect there is little we can do for this cycle. For subsequent
ones having some agreement within the release teams would
obviously be a start. However, there's going to be a limit
as to how much we can stagger the releases, there's only
so many weeks in the year. Perhaps a good start would
be to try and ensure that final releases are at least two weeks
apart in the next cycle. The final releases cause the most
mirror stress I assume.

Thanks,

James