Introduction round?

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Fri Mar 7 02:09:57 PST 2008

Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since it's hard to know who's here right now, maybe we can make some
> introduction round?

Good idea,

I'm Hans de Goede. I'm mainly active writing kernel drivers and creating
packages for Fedora. I know strange combo.

I maintain 200+ source packages for Fedora, and I manage to keep the total open
bug count on those 200 close to 0.

My main reason for being on this list, is because quite a few of my packages
(lots of games / gaming libs) are dead upstream, so I have no where to send all
the bugfixes I do and I still would like to see a way to share these with others.

More general I see lots of duplicated work between distro's and I would like to
see some (efficient) methods on avoiding this, as there is enough other OSS
work to do.

My current cross-distro coordination work is lurking on the debian-games-devel
list (and posting patches for dead upstream packages there) and I try to share
spec files and patches with packman.

Regards,

Hans