Introduction round?

Ghee Teo Ghee.Teo at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 7 03:32:44 PST 2008

Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since it's hard to know who's here right now, maybe we can make some
> introduction round?
>
> I can even start it :-) I'm Vincent Untz, mainly a GNOME hacker (see
> http://live.gnome.org/VincentUntz if you want more details), and I
> recently joined the openSUSE development team.

 I'm Ghee Teo, primary works on GNOME (for Solaris) by fixing bugs
reporting bugs.[1]
 Just realized that I have not an entry at live.gnome.org, but my blog
page is here
 http://blogs.sun.com/gheet

 I have been working for Sun Microsystems for 11 years, starting with
CDE  and then
onto GNOME as a developer. So you can see that my current activities are
on printing.

I like to be here because I sometimes have this feeling that Solaris is
not considered
equal to Linux, that could be my own perception. I do hope with
OpenSolaris and me
joining this list and share and understand what other distros are
experiencing  such that
perception be it self-imposed or otherwise will go away.

But the more importantly, I like to learn how other distros manage the
distros specific
features and how to do this effectively and also to share  my experience
should that
be useful to anyone out there :)

-Ghee

[1] Actually was working on the GNOME membership committee for about a
year when
Vincent was also there.