Introduction round?

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Fri Mar 7 07:00:57 PST 2008

Am Freitag, den 07.03.2008, 10:34 +0100 schrieb Vincent Untz:

> Since it's hard to know who's here right now, maybe we can make some
> introduction round?

So then.

I'm Daniel Leidert, Debian maintainer for a lot of (Docbook) XML/SGML
related packages for which bug fixes and improvements are normally of
cross-distribution interest.

I share the idea, that we should improve (and find new ways of) our
co-operation to let our users profit from the co-operation. Normally
users profit from maintainers sending their patches to upstream to get
issues fixed upstream. But there are many examples of packages not
having any upstream anymore or having upstream authors, that work slowly
or make releases only in long intervals. In such cases, I hope we can
improve the situation for our users. Now putting the maintainer hat on I
also hope, maintainers will benefit from reducing duplicated efforts
(FACK to Hans de Goede).

Regards, Daniel