Introduction round?

Federico Mena Quintero federico at novell.com
Fri Mar 7 09:55:00 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 10:34 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

> Since it's hard to know who's here right now, maybe we can make some
> introduction round?

I'm Federico Mena-Quintero, co-founder of GNOME, openSUSE Board member,
generic old fart :)

I work on the openSUSE-GNOME team, though I frequently do coordination
between projects related to whatever I'm doing at the moment.

My main interest in this forum is to end, once and for all, the "black
market of distro patches":

   http://www.gnome.org/~federico/news-2005-07.html#21

I'm getting more and more convinced that the right way to do this is for
distros to put their package-specific patches in a DSCM, and share those
repositories:

   http://www.gnome.org/~federico/news-2007-08.html#git-distro-workflow

I'm writing a little proposal document on how this could be handled, so
I'll notify this list when an interesting draft is available :)

  Federico