invitation to vcs-pkg: integrating VCS with package maintenance

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Mon Mar 17 06:12:33 PDT 2008

also sprach Ken VanDine <ken at foresightlinux.org> [2008.03.17.1355 +0100]:
> I am sure the lists can co-exist.  But I have to point out, at
> least from what you described here, that you are trying to solve
> a problem that has already been solved.  Have you looked at
> conary?  It is mature, and solves this problem well.  I would
> really suggest taking a look at it, conary is very rich.

Ah, I think I didn't make myself clear... Conary is a package
installation manager. vcs-pkg tries to address package maintenance,
the development side of things. Like e.g. I maintain mdadm for
Debian and would like to have a better workflow to be able to save
time, work more closely with upstream, and reach out to the other
distros, so that we can profit from each other's work and ideas.

Does this make sense now?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

uʍop ǝpısdn sı ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ