Terminal Standard

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Mar 19 01:04:52 PDT 2008

Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le mardi 18 mars 2008, à 23:10 +0100, Thomas de Grenier de Latour a écrit :
>> 2.5 years later, it seems that Gentoo has not implemented this proposal,
>> since my Gnome-Terminal still exports TERM=xterm (and still hangs on a
>> fair number of xtermcontrol commands).  Still, it's worth reading imho.
>
> Then gnome-terminal should be fixed :-) Do you have any details, so bugs
> can be filed?

Exactly, having each terminal set its own TERM is a maintenance nightmare, I
can vouch that all the keys including ctrl+alt+shift cursor keys now send the
same ESC-sequences in xterm as they do in gnome-terminal and in konsole. They
do that as I've been filing bugs against them with patches attached, for all
the cases where they send different ESC-sequences as the original xterm.

Regards,

Hans