Packaging Guidelines discussions

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 09:04:13 PDT 2008

Since all of us distro folks have our own in-distro packaging
guidelines, wouldn't it make sense to start meeting and discussing these
things with other distros to try and get some conformity going on?  A
recent discussion about how to deal with jpackage brought this home, as
I read mandriva's proposed way of dealing with them which mostly matched
ours, but ours had filled some holes that theirs could use and vice
versa.  Also, it seemed a lot of our guidelines were to work around
flaws in upstream jpackage, and they could also participate here and get
the flaws fixed as feedback from their consumers.

Plenty of other things apply, java, mono, perl, python, etc...
Thoughts?
--
Jesse Keating