Packaging Guidelines discussions

Joerg Jaspert joerg at ganneff.de
Thu Mar 27 15:01:52 PDT 2008

On 11337 March 1977, martin f. krafft wrote:

>> So I also vote for irc.oftc.net AKA irc.debian.org. (It also supports
>> proper SSL connections and nickserv identify using ssl certs, ... :) )
>> (Speaking as oftc staff) :)
> I think that the argument is that some of us are on freenode but not
> on oftc, but those who are on oftc are probably also on freenode, so
> therefore freenode. We don't /need/ SSL and nobody really cares
> about the channel name, I bet, except people like shorter, so
> ##distros it is? After all, ## suggests meta, and that's what we do.

> I invite people to join me in ##distros and will happily bestow op
> powers to anyone who makes a proper claim.

> And yes, I was being facetious suggesting oftc in the first place.
> I am sorry.

Fine for me, im in there now, and set it up together with madduck. And
will add more people when they join and request it (and are known from
this list :) ).

And yes, the ## is better than a # channel, due to freenode policy.
Channels with one # only are so-called Primary Channels - "... are reserved
for participating groups and organizations based on their legal or
informal claim to the associated name or name prefix."

## channels are "Topical or reference channels names, formatted with two
leading hash marks (##), are allocated on a first-come, first-serve
basis to unofficial groups wishing to"

--
bye, Joerg
I read the DUMP and agree to it.