Comparing versions of packages across distributions

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sat May 17 03:45:57 PDT 2008

Hi Ladislav,

At FOSSCamp today, a bunch of us were talking about the problem of
upstreams having convenient views of the status of their packages in
different distributions, and I mentioned the lists on DistroWatch. They
aren't quite what we're looking for, for this purpose - if we could
"rotate" them so that you could take, say, gtk+ and see its status in
every known distribution.

Is the source for the script you use to generate these lists available
anywhere? I wonder if it would be extensible for this; seems a shame to
reinvent what you've got already.

Thanks,