automatic mapping of MimeTypes & Categories -> default applications

Stanislav Brabec sbrabec at suse.cz
Wed Feb 18 09:42:05 PST 2009

Hallo.

In past, we maintained defaults.list for GNOME manually. But the number
of MIME types raises over the time and correct manual mapping of all of
them became a nightmare.

That is why I created a tool to automatically create the mapping based
on a heuristic with defined preferences.

I would like to know, how other distributions handle this problem, and
how this problem is handled by other desktop environments.

If you are interested to discuss this problem, please follow:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2009-February/010208.html

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec at suse.cz
Lihovarská 1060/12           tel: +420 284 028 966, +49 911 740538747
190 00 Praha 9                                  fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/