Dependency discovery

Donnie Berkholz dberkholz at gentoo.org
Fri Apr 1 14:41:57 PDT 2011

On 17:04 Fri 01 Apr     , Joseph Tate wrote:
> Conary has some really nifty tools for detecting dependencies.  Some
> of it runs on source code, like Python deps.  And some runs on
> compiled code, like for shared object dependencies, etc.  I only know
> about it as a user/packager though.

Compiled code is easy. =)

Picture this use case, though — there's a web interface where users can
upload tarballs to a server, and the interface automatically detects
dependencies, deciphers the build process for common build systems, and
creates a basic packaging script. It would be a lot cheaper on the
resources, not to mention probably more secure, if the package never
even needed to get built.

--
Thanks,
Donnie