AppStream: dealing with icons

Pavol Rusnak prusnak at opensuse.org
Wed Feb 9 10:37:37 PST 2011

On 29/01/11 15:54, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
> I like Richard's proposal.
>
> I would separate the mechanics of appdata-icons.tar.bz2 from the xml
> description a bit.
>
> This is, the appdata-icons tarball is downloaded by the package manager
> (or some hook/plugin of it) either by doing a HEAD request or because
> the appdata.xml mentions somewhere that there is one icon tarball present.
>
> Once that is downloaded and exploded, the xml could specify
>
> <icon type="cached">repoid/22x22/name.png</icon>
>
> I think you named this "relative"....? is this what you mean with relative?
>
> So as I can see we support types:
>
> url, stock (tango installed icon), cached (from the tarball), local
> (full path)

This seems fine to me. I updated appdata.xsd schema in the resources
repo. But I think size should not be present in the appdata.xml. It's up
to each client to decide which sizes to use ...

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK                                       SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team                            Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144                                         19000 Praha 9
prusnak[at]opensuse.org                               Czech Republic