The mechanism triggering the updating of the menu

Jason Hsu jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com
Sat Mar 3 18:36:09 PST 2012

Exactly how do Linux distros automatically update their menus every time you install or remove a program?

In the process of transforming Linux Mint Debian Edition into Swift Linux, I replace GNOME with IceWM and ROX pinboard.  The original LMDE setup automatically updated the GNOME menus.  Once I've finished the script for manually updating the IceWM menu, what do I need to do to have the system automatically call this IceWM menu update script?

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>