AppStream need more SNS function

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Fri May 16 00:02:34 PDT 2014

Hi!
> Hi AppStream developers,
>
> I am the father of QJade :) https://github.com/AOSC-Dev/QJade it is another
> Qt5 frontend of PackageKit.
> And I am maintaining && migrated to Qt5.2.x for PackageKit-Qt 0.8.x && 0.7.x
> https://github.com/AOSC-Dev/PackageKit-Qt
> So I touched Daniel, the father of PackageKit-Qt, aptcc, Apper ... sort of
> open source projects :)
>
> I read about AppData http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/
> it is cool :) and it is very close to my thought about AppStore web backend,
> so do you guys wanna develop a SNS AppStore web backend, just like FaceBook,
> together with Go, PHP or Python?
> It is not only application`s name, summary, description, screenshot BUT also
> sharing with friends, comment it, mark it... sort of more SNS functions.
>
> Please someone give me some advice, thanks a lot :)
I didn't know about QJade, looks very interesting!
Initially for AppStream, we planned to use the OCS, but right now we
all agree that doing that is not the best idea (it's API is pretty
weird). My plan is to define a ratings&reviews API in AppStream sooner
or later, but I haven't looked into that closely yet, except for some
quick looks at the Ubuntu Software Center API for that, and KDEs
Bodega.
So, if you would like to help with that, and can create a good web API
for the collaboration stuff, we could certainly add it to the spec,
since that idea was part of AppStream from the beginning.
Cheers,
    Matthias